- Slamming ones face on piano keys will painfully remind a person that facing the music will often be out of tune.
- Rapid, fire, pauses with: no break, but eggs so shells can be avoided, if for no other reason than: discomfort with yoke to keep up, the fashion, cart pulling, instructions ignoring beast and just for identifying.
- Coffee beans, for kick they say, but I doubt it for no other reason than because I see the writing on the tea leaves. They say, “sleep”.
- There’s a light outside my window, it doesn’t light up the street, instead it lights up my ceiling as I try to sleep. “Wake up!” it cries, coming from over the horizon, so I look at the clock and realize, it’s still three a.m. and I, non-dream err…not fully awake like a purring cat waiting on its prey, or God waiting on their pray.
- If water were alive, would it drown?
- I had a bottle of water, now it’s gone. It was on the windowsill, which now the window is down. Stay up and breezy, the sun, my love, is rising.
- Did we follow instructions?
- It’s funny how something meant to cause a momentary, split-second, pause usually doesn’t. It didn’t fail at the job because we, of utopian ideals, didn’t acknowledge it. We, of believing the worst, invalidated it by gaslighting its function, it’s existence – existing.